So we have this new set up for Katie, and I think she's wondering what we're going to come up with next! Today we made our trial run. After Mr. Hands figured out how to connect the cart to the bike, we MacGyvered her harness and leash into a safety restraint. We took her to the corner coffee shop, me riding ahead towing the trailer and Mr. Hands riding behind to make sure nothing went awry.
And boy did we turn heads. One couple approached us to ask how we trained her to do it. "Well, we told her to get in, and then we just started peddling." I don't think they believed us.
As far as I can tell, this arrangement suits Katie just fine! She was sleeping in the cart just as I took the photo here, waking her up.
Mr. Hands whispered to me as we waited at a stop sign, "You know this makes us the crazy dog people in the neighborhood, right?"
Oh, honey, we were already that.
Katie looks so sweet. I bet she loves that cart!
ReplyDeletetea
xo