Sunday, March 17, 2013

Hello, 2013 Garden


St. Patrick's Day seems like a good day to get 2013 gardening going. 
And yes, those are shamrock-rainbow socks. Thanks, mom. 

The raised bed got 2 sacks of compost and a good stir. The snow sugar peas got planted, tomato seedlings (Sungold & Japanese Black Trifele) joined them, and some radish seeds were sewn. I'm using two tomato cages for every three plants this year. Totally worried about this, but doing it anyway. 

Also: The pavers are begging for a power washing. I want to finish prepping the other areas of the garden. I'll put more tomatoes in the raised bed. The perennial area could use some pruning and basic attention. What am I going to do with the area by the birch tree? The herbs in pots may move to the other side of the patio. Marigolds in the raised bed, don't forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment