Monday, July 01, 2013

10 things right now


  1. The water hose to the fridge burst and soaked the kitchen, hallway, and downstairs bathroom. I discovered this and hollered, "Brian! The refrigerator is flooding the house!" We worked on mopping it up & I used the dry vac, which was an annoying thing to use. I was pretty grouchy. Mr. Hands said "This is a first world problem" which snapped the situation into perspective. Later he told me, "Thanks for being on my team." I love love love him.
  2. I picked up my parents from the airport last night and spent the night at their house. Mr. Hands said Katie-dog missed me and ran all through the house looking for me this morning.
  3. Over breakfast at Starbucks this morning, my parents and I chatted for hours. That was fun.
  4. One of the topics of our conversation came around to their boat in Guatemala and whether they would have to return there. Mom said yes, there are things on the boat she wants to retrieve. Dad said, "Like what?" Mom listed a few things. Dad replied, "What is that? Maybe $1000? I'm not sure I would go back for a thousand dollars." 
  5. It's been hot. In the 100s for the past few days. This is pretty unusually hot.
  6. I had a 14.5 inch square piece of plastic cut for me at Tap Plastics to use as a template when trimming the barbecue napkins down to quilt squares. The square is not true, so the blocks are wonky. I'm calling this "character" for now, but when I start sewing things together, I may have uglier words.
  7. I am starting to panic about all the sewing and quilting projects I want to do before we go to China.
  8. We go to China in roughly 6 weeks. 
  9. The Sungold tomato has been producing deliciousness for a couple of weeks now. The Principe Borghese variety had two tomatoes which I smooshed into our pasta sauce on Saturday.
  10. It has been at least a week since the cats have peed on anything except their litter. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment