Thursday, August 29, 2013

Lately

Outside my windows: The pear trees still wear their crowns of green leaves, crows descend on the freshly moved dirt in the construction area across the street, a giant plane made lots of touch and gos from Moffett Field today, on a really quiet night I can hear crickets but I'm baffled by where they could be located, I have gotten to know so many more of my neighbors since Little Hands came to live with us--every time we go out it's fun to greet so many friendly and welcoming people.

I am thankful: Today's well baby visit went reasonably well. Mr. Hands and I like Little Hands' doctor. The blood draw sucked. There was a lot of screaming and snot. But she bounced reasonably quickly. 

I am wearing: plaid flannel pj bottoms, tank top, really dingy white terry cloth robe, bare feet


I am reading: Sleepless in America, The Connected Child

I am looking forward to: the stroller I ordered arriving and getting Little Hands used to it so we can go on some longer walks. Also, my parents returning with KT dog from their trip. 

{I am not looking forward to: Mr. Hands returning to work on Tuesday. I am certain I will spend the entire day in tears.}

I am working on:  applying the 80/20 rule to most everything in my life. It helps me. 

I need: to get our meals under control, both for Little Hands and for Mr Hands and me. Feeding us, getting food into the house, preparing said food, feels overwhelming right now.

I want: to start pulling the photos and anecdotes of our trip to China and our daily life right now together, before it all slips away.

I am listening to: the lullaby CD we play every night for Little Hands coming through on the baby monitor

Around the house: the cats are starved for attention and both are laying on my desk, barely giving my keyboard and hands any room; toys are everywhere; a new king sized bed in the master bedroom; the crib became a toddler bed today.

Something new: it seems like absolutely everything is new, and it's terrifying

A favorite: Little Hands and her dad; also, our evening/dusk walks leading into our bedtime routine.

1 comment:

  1. you finally have your little one! I'm so happy for you! I've often thought of you and I remember asking Kimberly last year is you were still waiting..or year before.. whenever it was that I was in California! .. congratulations.

    ReplyDelete