
An apple a day--that's what you get as a snack in Yosemite. I've never been much of an apple eater, especially since you have to eat the core or carry it around in your pocket all day until you find a trash can, which can be a real mess if you're off on a trail somewhere. So all these years I'd come home with left over apples in my pockets or luggage, because usually I'd end up with the apples of a couple of kids, too.
This year, instead of letting them loiter on my kitchen counter, I decided I'd make a post-Yosemite apple pie.
I'm no baker, folks, but for some reason I thought I was cool enough to make a pie sans recipe. A little of this, a little of that (which included cranberries, honey, almonds, brown sugar, nutmeg, lemon juice, lemon zest, flour, and a mish-mash of apple varieties, none of them appropriate baking types) and this is what I got. Mmmmmm. I'm a pretty good not-baker!
That pie looks wonderful. Not a baker indeed! You could have fooled me.
ReplyDeleteCare to share the recipe?
I love your blog Shane, and I just had to comment about Yosemite apple pie as I used to have my holidays there, the pie looks gorgeous except I'm gluten free now so I'll just have to imagine.
ReplyDeleteSaw your link on Christin's blog, I used to go to school with her in Davis and now am back living across the pond
Anne