Friday, June 08, 2007

It's December in my Garage

I don't spend much time in my garage. It is the disaster area of our house--and nobody is ever invited to see it! Currently, several projects are "resting" there, in various stages of postponment, and in some cases, abandonment. I'm guilty of the abandoment issues. Last winter, when the amaryllis finished, I stuck the pots out there to be "dealt with later." And now it's June. Hey, that's later!

And in any case, my procrastination paid off, because unnoticed, uncoaxed, and unconcerned with the season, this amaryllis bloomed!

 


Though labeled "Red Nymph", I think it is actually "Dancing Queen."

Happy Holidays!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. That is soooo cool! I'd be grinning for a week if I found that in my garage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grinning--like a kid who was served jelly beans for dinner! I've now rescued it from the garage and given it pride of place on the mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:31 AM PDT

    Hi Shane, yes it is the "Dancing Queen" & she is beautiful. I am impressed! Years ago, I discovered accidentally that benign neglect worked wonders for my orchids & apparently it works for the amaryllis too! See you soon - 9 days & counting - Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete