Thursday, August 10, 2006

Sunflower Gang on Trial: Innocent or Guilty?

If it please the court, I will now present the case against the Notorious Sunflower Gang, and show that these vegetations are criminally negligent, having not bothered to thrive, and are beyond rehabilitation. In fact, they have failed to show any intention of becoming productive members of this Garden Society, or even in fact, any remorse for their crimes against aesthetics. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, it is your duty to weigh the evidence set before you and do what justice demands--condemn them to the green waste!

Firstly, these wretched things have criminally associated with all manner of garden snacker, for which they should be punished. I present Exhibit A (those with delicate sensibilities may wish to avert your eyes):

Shocking!


















And I ask you, ladies and gentlemen, to consider that several credible witnesses will testify that these sunflowers were seen on numerous occasions in the possession of wilted flowers and shabby foliage! Do you deny it, Sunflower Gang? How can you, when I present Exhibit B:





More shocking!


And yet, in light of new evidence, I am prepared to offer a plea bargain: A stay of execution,

on the condition that you make good on these promises, these fresh starts and seemingly potential blooms. Sunflower Gang, we'll be watching you closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment