Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Simon: Cardboard Junkie



Simon never met a box he didn't like...to eat!

When I was a kid, one of my favorite books was "My Cat Likes to Hide in Boxes." I loved that line, which was repeated following a description of what other cats like to do. Cats from France like to sing and dance, but my cat likes to hide in boxes." It's important to get the cadence right when you say it, too:

but/my cat/likes to/hide/in/boxes

and one must properly emphasize the words "my" and "boxes." That's the way mom read it, and we always chanted the refrain together, each time getting more emphatic until I was practically shrieking by the last page.

So I think it's very appropriate that all these years later I have a cat who likes to eat boxes. Actually, he likes to chew on just about anything, but cardboard makes his little cat brain go all euphoric.

1 comment:

  1. LOL Cats are such funny things. Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete