The caterpillars are enjoying the heliotropes more than Elvis impersonators love Vegas.
Tripple whammy assault on the sunflowers--wilting in the heat, snails (I think/am hoping it's snails), and some sort of leaf rot. Horray, it's the trifecta! I'm doing what I can about the droop, but I don't want to overwater them, either. I've dumped a week's worth of egg shells in careful rings around the plants this evening, so we'll see if that conquors the snails (but what else can it be?) without bringing the raccoons or worse. But the leaf rot is beyond my repertoire of home remedies. I'm just snipping off everthing ugly, but that's not leaving me with much.
Honey, there's a couch on my patio! This sleeper got moved outside to make way for the new, improved sofa 2.0. Problem is, the sleeper doesn't seem to be going anywhere. We both hoped it would grow legs and walk away, but no. And I am NOT fooled--this is no substitute for a porch swing.
I bought two beautiful pink Star Gazer Lilies and put in my garden by the Shasta Daisies and the slugs ate both of them within 2 days. It seems that they don`t like daisies I guess luckily or anything else so far. I was so pleased with those lilies and they smelled so nice.
ReplyDeletexo